Sunday, 11 January 2009

my LAST semester in school EVER...

For the last 20 years of my life, I have been in school.  I have learned MANY things; however, I have not quite learned how to regularly keep up with my blog.  So here's the latest:

I HAVE A JOB AFTER GRADUATION!

Beginning in August 2009, I will clerk for Judge John C. Hayes III in York County, South Carolina!  I will serve as his law clerk for one year, and Lord willing, start practicing law after that.  I am VERY VERY excited about this opportunity.  This job will be a perfect transition between law school and being an attorney.  God is so good.

I MAILED MY SOUTH CAROLINA BAR APPLICATION!

I always get excited about the little things in life.  The South Carolina Bar application was a beast to complete-- they practically wanted my first born child.  I recently received a letter saying that they received my application, and I will find out by July 1st if I am approved to sit for the bar exam.  I am one step closer to being an attorney... whew!

MY LAST SEMESTER IN LAW SCHOOL ..... 

I function best when I have a million things on my plate.  This semester will be just as busy as every other one... and I am excited.  I have a light class load, and all but one class are classes that I have been waiting to take.  I am taking a Non-Profit Law class!, an Estate Planning course!, and completing an externship at the Community Mediation Center.  For my externship, I have the opportunity to become a certified mediator as well as help the Community Relations Director strengthen the marketing for the center.  I can finally use my MBA, and I am excited!

I am still clerking for the ACLJ, serving as a Law COGS Senator, and a board member for the Moot Court Board.  

I will share more soon... I hope!  For now, I have to get back to cheering for UNC!

No comments: